If you’re like most Americans, then you’ll probably be trying to lose a few pounds and improve your lifestyle over the course of the next year. In a previous post, we provided you with a few all-purpose tips that can help you achieve your goals and resolutions, so be sure to read through those entries if you haven’t yet seen them. In today’s post, we’ll provide you with four effective weight loss tips you should incorporate into your health and fitness routine.

Men’s Vitality Center in Tucson is here to provide you with the support you need to be successful, no matter what your goals may be. Whether you need a physical, testosterone replacement therapy, or weight loss management, we’re here to help you make this year your best one yet!

Four Effective Weight Loss Tips for the New Year

Recruit a Friend

You are your own biggest obstacle when you’re trying to lose weight. Between dietary temptations and heading straight for the couch after a long day of work, it’s easy to talk yourself into making excuses. Enlisting the help of a friend is one of the best ways to keep yourself on track, as you’ll be much less likely to skip a workout or order food instead of cooking for yourself.

Use a Smaller Plate 

Did you know that you’re much less likely to overeat if you use a smaller plate or bowl? Numerous psychological studies all confirm that we’re much less likely to overeat when we use smaller plates, bowls, and utensils. Visual cues are very important for human beings, and even if we’re eating the same amount of food, we tend to feel more satisfied at the end of a meal if our plate or bowl is completely filled. In addition to helping you feel more satiated, using smaller plates and bowls will also help you manage your portion sizes.

Allow Yourself to Be Flexible

Have you ever heard the phrase, “Perfect is the enemy of the good?” While this saying has been in use for hundreds of years, it couldn’t be more relevant in today’s fast-paced society. Many dieters begin their regimens with a vow to never eat a carb again or a commitment to hit the gym every day of the week. While these are both admirable aspirations, they’re simply not sustainable for most people. We recommend trying to adopt the 80/20 rule, which allows you to maintain your regimen 80 percent of the time and let loose for the remaining 20 percent. Whether it’s a small splurge at a friend’s birthday celebration or a day off from the gym, providing yourself with flexibility will be much more conducive to your long-term success.

Consider Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Testosterone plays a critical role in your metabolism, your ability to gain and maintain muscle, and your overall energy levels. If you’re having trouble losing weight, staying motivated, and finding the energy to exercise, then you may have low testosterone. Many men who have struggled to lose weight for years find that it becomes much easier after they’ve begun testosterone replacement therapy, and we can help you determine if testosterone therapy is the right choice in your circumstances.

Contact Men’s Vitality Center in Tucson

We hope that today’s post will help you lose weight and become a healthier, happier version of yourself this year.

Men’s Vitality Center in Tucson provides a number of men’s health services, including weight loss programs for men and testosterone replacement therapy. Please give our office a call or fill out the form at the bottom of this page if you would like to learn more about our services.

Happy New Year from all of us at Men’s Vitality Center!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.