Testosterone Replacement Therapy
As many men get older, they start to feel more tired than usual, less inclined to participate in physically demanding activities, and have a lower libido. It’s often difficult to speak with anyone about these issues – even their doctor! However, it’s important to remember that these feelings are very normal, and there’s something you can do about it. Your family and friends depend on you to keep yourself in good health , as they want to spend time with you. Don’t let your pride get the best of you –speak with your doctor about hormone replacement therapy and be the man your friends and family need.
What are the subtle but obvious symptoms of low testosterone in men?
As men age, their bodies slowly produce less and less testosterone. This can take a real toll on their masculinity and leave them feeling inadequate. Oftentimes, men seek low testosterone treatment after experiencing several of the following symptoms:
- Decreased sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Problems concentrating
- Low sense of well-being
- Feeling tired all the time / No energy
If you go to the doctor and have these symptoms, your doctor will do some blood work to make sure there are no concerns. If the doctor finds that low testosterone levels are causing your symptoms, he will likely suggest hormone replacement therapy for men, or as it’s often referred to, testosterone replacement therapy. There are many types of hormone replacement therapy options for men, but the most common is replacement therapy in the form of low testosterone injections.
What kind of treatment is available to me? Can it be inconspicuous?
Because each man is different when it comes to the type of low testosterone treatment that will work for him, there are several options available. Your doctor will discus the best option for you.
- A simple skin patch– Much like the nicotine patch that you or your friend used when quitting smoking, the transdermal skin patch for testosterone replacement therapy is worn on your arm or upper body and replaced daily.
- Clear gels are also available for low testosterone in men. All you have to do is apply the gel once a day to start noticing the results. They even come in a form you can put in your nose as if you were using Afrin or something similar for congestion.
- Mouth patches are available as dissolvable tablets that stick to your upper gums. These are applied twice a day, and release testosterone directly into your bloodstream through your oral tissue
- You can also receive testosterone replacement therapy through injections or implants. Your doctor will either prescribe shots that are injected right into the muscle or implant a pellet under your skin which slowly releases the testosterone into your blood stream.
You may be asking yourself, “Why not a simple pill?” While testosterone replacement therapy can be administered orally, it’s widely believed that this method can have a negative impact on your liver. For this reason, we do not recommend using oral therapy.
Contact the Men’s Vitality Center today if you’re ready to be the man you once were. Your friends and family will love you for it!