Headache Treatment Tucson
Headaches can take a number of different forms, and each is unique in its intensity and duration. One thing they all have in common, however, is that they’re incredibly disruptive.
While the occasional headache that can be treated with rest and over-the-counter medication is usually nothing to be alarmed about, ongoing problems should always be brought to the attention of your primary care physician. The sooner you seek help for your headaches, the faster you can get back to living your life. Affordable and effective headache cures are just a call away at Men’s Vitality Center.
Sometimes it’s more than just a headache.
Migraines affect millions of Americans every year and have been rated by the World Health Organization as one of the top 20 disabling lifetime conditions. Migraines cost us billions of dollars in missed work days and doctor visits. People who have migraines are even considered to have a lower quality of life than those with chronic asthma. Despite the seriousness of migraine headaches, they often remain untreated with the sufferers living in isolation. If migraines are decreasing your quality of life, you deserve to be heard, understood, and helped by a caring professional. Seeking migraine treatment with Men’s Vitality Center can help you live your life to the fullest.
What’s to blame?
Whether you’re dealing with headaches or migraines, many episodes are brought on by certain conditions and triggers. In some cases, sinus pressure and concomitant headaches indicate a sinus infection. In other cases, it’s not always easy to pinpoint a cause. Some of the most common headache triggers include:
- Weight: Your weight can trigger headaches. Those with higher BMIs or obesity have a much greater risk of migraines and headaches.
- Stress: Your lifestyle or personality can also make you more susceptible to headaches and migraines. If you find that you’re stressed more often than not, then it may be time to speak with a mental health professional about stress management and relaxation techniques.
- Routine changes: Migraines or headaches can occur when you take a break from your routine. Ease into routine change by sticking to your current sleep schedule as much as possible. You’ll feel better and more rested if you get up at approximately the same time each day.
- Dehydration: While you don’t have to drink gallons of water to stay hydrated, sipping water throughout the day will help you feel your best and prevent headaches from occurring. If you’re not a fan of plain water, try adding fresh fruits to your water bottle to give it more flavor!
- Diet: Nutritional deficiencies are one of the most common causes of headaches. If you aren’t getting enough vitamins and minerals from your diet, then you may need to take supplements and/or work with a nutritionist. Additionally, food additives such as MSG and preservatives can cause migraines in sensitive individuals.
- Odors: Strong odors can trigger migraines and make existing migraines worse. Cologne and perfume are two of the most common triggers, although pungent foods, cigarette smoke, and scented candles can also bring on migraines.
Headache Treatment in Tucson
Men’s Vitality Center in Tucson has helped hundreds of people just like you find lasting relief from debilitating headaches and migraines. If you would like to speak with a men’s health professional about your symptoms, then get in touch with our office. You can fill out the form below, give us a call, or simply walk in for an appointment. No matter how you choose to contact us, we promise to get you into our schedule as soon as possible.