Being a man means doing what’s right. Taking care of your health, specifically cholesterol management, is the right thing to do not only for yourself, but for your loved ones, too. Has your doctor told you that you have high cholesterol? Do you have a family history of high cholesterol? Have you even been to a doctor lately to get a checkup? We think it’s time to call the Men’s Vitality Center, Arizona’s leading men’s primary medical service provider. We can get you on the right track – plus, your family and friends will love you for it.
So, you haven’t been to the doctor in a while? It may seem that going to the doctor shows weakness. In reality, it’s far less masculine to hide from the truth. What do you know about cholesterol? We have some interesting facts for you about cholesterol management and normal cholesterol levels.
- High cholesterol increases your risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and several other health problems.
- There are no symptoms of high cholesterol.
- More than 34 million Americans have levels of cholesterol that put them at risk for high cholesterol-related health problems.
- Some people are predisposed to high cholesterol. If it runs in your family, make sure to have your cholesterol levels checked yearly.
- If you were able to take a look at your cholesterol-clogged arteries, they’d look like they were lined with a thick layer of butter.
- Cholesterol can show up on your skin as redish-yellow patches. These are called xanthomas and normally occur in people who have other health problems like diabetes.
- You can also have low cholesterol, and that can be unhealthy! Low cholesterol has been linked to anxiety and depression.
- Cholesterol-free food can still raise your cholesterol!
- High cholesterol can also be linked to erectile dysfunction. That means it’s not only bad for your heart, but bad for your relationships, too!
So, with this in mind, why aren’t you picking up the phone to call us right now? Cholesterol is complicated and if you’re not a doctor, you probably can’t determine whether or not you have normal cholesterol levels. Only a medical professional can tell you if you need to change your lifestyle to help with cholesterol management. You wouldn’t trust someone to work on your car or install a roof on your house who didn’t know what they were doing, right? Then don’t trust yourself to manage your cholesterol when there aren’t any obvious symptoms?
If you haven’t done anything today to make sure you’re going to be around as long as possible for your family and loved ones, it’s time to pick up the phone or stop by the Men’s Vitality Center. We can help you with much more than cholesterol management. Ask us about conditions such as erectile dysfunction, weight loss, or any other issues you’ve been putting off for far too long!