When Department of Transportation drivers renew their license every 24 months, there are certain things that will disqualify a driver from renewal. Some of these disqualifications are due to medical conditions and others are due to personal choices. In order for the Department of Transportation to keep up their high standards for drivers, they have made their physical qualifications quite difficult. This entire process can be quite stressful, but with the help of the men’s health physicals in Tucson at Men’s Vitality Clinic individuals can stress less.
For new Department of Transportation drivers, the physical process can be quite lengthy. Each physician and specialist must sign off on the physical to ensure that the proper health standards are met. Unfortunately, there are certain things that will disqualify drivers from renewing their licenses:
- The Department of Transportation mandates that each potential driver must undergo a drug test. Any driver that has a positive drug test will be disqualified from renewing or receiving their CDL license.
- Individuals with blood pressure issues may receive temporary licenses depending on their blood pressure readings. Individuals that have a blood pressure of 160/100 will be disqualified from renewing or receiving their license.
- Individuals that suffer from narcolepsy will not be able to receive or renew their license through the Department of Transportation.
- Drivers that have had hearing loss will not be able to renew their license through the Department of Transportation.
- Individuals that have diabetes and are dependent on insulin will not be able to renew their license through the Department of Transportation.
Each of the disqualifications are due to safety concerns. Visit Men’s Vitality Clinic to complete your men’s health physicals is the best way to ensure that all aspects of the DOT physicals have been met. Call today for an appointment!