Men that suffer from low testosterone have a difficult time understanding this condition because there are so many myths that surround the topic of low testosterone. As with many other areas of men’s health, too many sources mean that it is difficult to separate the truth from common misconceptions. Men that suffer from low testosterone may want to inquire about testosterone replacement therapy in Tucson, but some of the information that is available turns many men away from proper treatment.
Men, it is time that you receive proper treatment for your low testosterone. A physician at Men’s Vitality Center in Tucson can help you separate the testosterone replacement therapy facts from the fictitious information. To start, here are some of the most blatant myths surrounding low testosterone and testosterone replacement therapy:
- Myth: Low testosterone only affects older men
- Reality: Men of all ages can be affected by low testosterone. While it is more common with older men, it is quite common in younger men.
- Myth: Testosterone replacement therapy is expensive and painful
- Reality: Insurance often covers the majority of testosterone replacement therapy costs. Testosterone therapy can be almost painless depending on the treatment protocol.
- Myth: If your sex drive is still high, you do not have low testosterone
- Reality: Sex drive is only one of many areas in which low testosterone can effect. Low testosterone can have other negative side effects that are less noticeable.
- Myth: It’s rare for men to have low testosterone
- Reality: Low testosterone affects millions of American men.
- Myth: You can cure low testosterone without medication
- Reality: There is no cure for low testosterone. Medications will help a man regain normal levels testosterone. Levels may be normalized indefinitely with help.
To learn more about testosterone replacement therapy in Tucson, contact the professionals at Men’s Vitality Clinic. We look forward to helping you regain your vitality!